Monday, May 4, 2009

if only they knew...

I was sitting in my office this morning having some blueberry cereal and realized how much I had changed in the last 20 years I've lived here in the US.  You may wonder..."how in the world is cereal making you think of such things??"  It's true...cereal, especially blueberry cereal, is a weird catalyst to bring on such thoughts.  

Oh...a little off topic...the blueberries in my cereal were the size of little pebbles...1/10th of the normal size.  I wish they had fruit cereal where the fruit in the cereal was closer to scale of the actual fruit and not all miniaturized and dry.  You know the fruit that you end up throwing away after a week of sitting in the fridge?  I bet the cereal companies somehow get their hands on that and put it into our cereals...conspiracy?? Yes, I think so!! =)

anyways...so back to change...I have been able to remember things from my childhood recently which is something I'm so excited about because I had a tough time trying to remember my past.  My brother is really good at it and when my family got together would always be like...hey bro, remember that one time back in such and such place and we did such and such thing??  i would have no clue what he was talking about...and then my mom would bring out pictures of what my brother was talking about and i still didn't have a clue.  I kind of brushed it aside as if it didn't bother me but it really did.  So now that I'm remembering this stuff...it makes me really happy.

one memory is from when we first moved to the US...Hawaii to be more specific...and September of 1989 to be even more specific.  we were served breakfast and there was this brownish goup type of thing(which we all know as oatmeal), and we thought it was maybe some sort of brown rice soup...so like the Koreans we are...we put soy sauce in it and ate it.  i remember people looking at us as if we were completely nuts but it made sense to me back then and i wasn't ashamed.  If they had all known why we did what we did...they wouldn't think it was crazy either.  If only they knew...

this brings me to how i'm tying this all in today as i write...one of my friends who has been going through a lot of new and awesome things with God was overwhelming me with just a lot of God stuff...whether it be little comments he made or his general "God-high"...just everything about it was almost over the top and i thought he was crazy.  if i only really knew what he was going through...

i now am sort of going through the same...i've felt and seen God's love for me recently in ways I've ever known and all i want to do is share it with everyone...and i'm sure there are people out there looking at me and seeing me like i was eating oat meal with soy sauce...crazy.  if only they knew...

i want everyone to know the love of God...it's amazing...i don't even know how to put it into words but imagine the best day of your life...whatever you felt in that moment and multiply it by the amount of digits after the decimal place in the number "pi" and that's where you arrive.  if you don't know how many digits are in "pi"...it's infinite.  yes, i'm sort of a nerd...haha =)

have a great week everyone and enjoy your breakfast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment